Tuesday, December 11, 2012

What to do with all those Christmas Cards?

I love Christmas cards, but we get SO many every year that I don't know what to do with them all! When we first got married, I would set them out on the counter. But as our family grew, and especially after we got into the ministry, I began to have very limited counter space during the holidays! That's when I began to get creative (which is hard for this gal!).

Last year, I taped a giant piece of wrapping paper up on the wall and then taped all of the Christmas cards to the sheet. It was adorable!


This year, we decided to try something different - a paper chain with all of the cards hung on it!
I found this to be not only a fun, easy craft project for the kids, but also a counting activity for my 4 year old (we held each chain loop for 30 seconds). By the end, I was even attempting to make things interesting by counting in foreign languages - did great in spanish and german, failed at french by making it only to 14, and then royally failed with a whole 6 in japanese, but made for chain-making entertainment!  Here is our product:

 
Enjoy those Christmas cards, and Merry Christmas!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment